Mammograms are critical for breast health, and Women’s Health of Augusta offers convenient in-office mammography services for our patients. Don’t forget that breast self-exams are also essential in early detection of breast cancer. Talk to one of our doctors to learn more about when and how to properly perform a self-exam.
Did you know:
- Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer among women in the United States.
- A women’s lifetime risk of getting breast cancer is 12.5% or 1 in 8.
- Early detection is key! Detecting breast cancer early has been shown to decrease the mortality rate.
- The American Cancer Society recommends the following screening guidelines:
- Mammograms every year for women starting at age 40. Don’t delay!
- Women’s Health of Augusta offers convenient in-office mammography by a mammography-certified Radiology technician, and the results of all mammograms are read by board certified Radiologists.